I am Dr. Carl Hash, and I’m happy to be a member of the First Impressions team. I grew up in a small farming town in Indiana. My collegiate aspirations took me to Indiana University where I pursued a Bachelor of Science in Zoology and then proceeded to dental school again at Indiana University. After dental school, I spent two years in active duty with the U.S. Navy and then returned to school to complete my residency in pediatric dentistry at Marquette University and Milwaukee Children’s Hospital. From there I joined a pediatric practice in Milwaukee where I had worked during my residency. Following that, I purchased a pediatric practice in Wausau in 1984. In January of 2005, I joined First Impressions.
To better treat your child’s oral health; I make it a point to remain active in the following associations:
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Central Wisconsin Dental Society
- Marathon County Dental Society
My wife Barbara and I have lived in Wausau since 1984 with our daughters Meghan and Emilie. I had a great experience in the pediatric clinic in dental school, and have always loved the energy, spontaneity, and candidness of children.
- I went to First Impressions for my orthodontics and they do a great job! Their staff truly value their customers from day one of getting braces to five years down the road when your retainer needs a tweak. Overall best dental experience thus far!~Google Review
- Great experience for both of my girls! They loved the waiting area (especially the slide). The staff was excellent and helpful.~Google Review
- We have three daughters that are 18, 16 and 7 years old and all of them love going to the dentist! First Impressions has been a wonderful place to take our children for all dental needs. Very friendly staff and inviting environment!~Google Review
Can’t Say Enough!
- They are always prompt, on time, gentle with my children, and great with my kids. My kids look forward to going to the dentist.~Google Review
Kids love it!
- Both of my children finally LOVE going to the Dentist! They get down to the children's level and make the parents feel reassured. It's a Win-Win!! Couldn't ask for anything better 🙂 ~Google Review
Kids want to go!
- Great for kids. Makes going to the dentist fun and fearless.~Google Review
- Today was my 3 year old daughter's first dentist appointment, the staff was incredibly welcoming and kind. My daughter felt comfortable enough to go in the room by herself ! Incredible customer service and very informative for parents to have one on one with the doctor and assistant 🙂 ~Google Review
Good, Safe Place
- We absolutely LOVE First Impressions! My daughter was terrified of the dentist for years. After switching to First Impressions there was a complete change in demeanor regarding the dentist! Today she was actually excited to go there for her dental appointment! Unbelievable!!~Google Review
- I appreciate their friendliness and tenderness. My son will never have to fear going to the dentist with the caring staff and doctors here! The playful waiting area is just a bonus!~Google Review
- Everyone is very friendly and thorough in taking care of my child's dental needs! I know he is in great hands!~Google Review