People often ask why I chose to be a dentist. My dad is a dentist in the small town of Paris, Arkansas. My siblings and I grew up working for dad in his office. He helped many people in the community, so he was a huge inspiration for me.
I graduated from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas. After college graduation, I went into dentistry with a specialty in pediatrics because I loved working with kids! I graduated from Marquette School of Dentistry and completed my residency at the University of Kentucky, School of Dentistry in Lexington, KY. Also, I received my Board Certification from the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
In addition to my practice, I stay active in the following organizations:
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry – Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Marathon County Dental Society
After residency, my husband Mike and I looked for a community to call home. He grew up in Fond du Lac and graduated from the UWSP. Already familiar with central Wisconsin, we thought it would be a great place to live. In Arkansas, I grew up on a one-hundred acre farm with eighty head of cattle and felt an immediate connection with the rolling fields and lush landscape of the Wausau area. Mike and I also love to hike, camp, fish, go to baseball games and attend concerts. Wausau has it all! Most importantly, the community is family-friendly, and the perfect place to raise our 3 little daughters. Joining the pediatric dental team at First Impressions is a great match for both my career and family. I’m happy to be here!
- I went to First Impressions for my orthodontics and they do a great job! Their staff truly value their customers from day one of getting braces to five years down the road when your retainer needs a tweak. Overall best dental experience thus far!~Google Review
- Great experience for both of my girls! They loved the waiting area (especially the slide). The staff was excellent and helpful.~Google Review
- We have three daughters that are 18, 16 and 7 years old and all of them love going to the dentist! First Impressions has been a wonderful place to take our children for all dental needs. Very friendly staff and inviting environment!~Google Review
Can’t Say Enough!
- They are always prompt, on time, gentle with my children, and great with my kids. My kids look forward to going to the dentist.~Google Review
Kids love it!
- Both of my children finally LOVE going to the Dentist! They get down to the children's level and make the parents feel reassured. It's a Win-Win!! Couldn't ask for anything better 🙂 ~Google Review
Kids want to go!
- Great for kids. Makes going to the dentist fun and fearless.~Google Review
- Today was my 3 year old daughter's first dentist appointment, the staff was incredibly welcoming and kind. My daughter felt comfortable enough to go in the room by herself ! Incredible customer service and very informative for parents to have one on one with the doctor and assistant 🙂 ~Google Review
Good, Safe Place
- We absolutely LOVE First Impressions! My daughter was terrified of the dentist for years. After switching to First Impressions there was a complete change in demeanor regarding the dentist! Today she was actually excited to go there for her dental appointment! Unbelievable!!~Google Review
- I appreciate their friendliness and tenderness. My son will never have to fear going to the dentist with the caring staff and doctors here! The playful waiting area is just a bonus!~Google Review
- Everyone is very friendly and thorough in taking care of my child's dental needs! I know he is in great hands!~Google Review