I like to say that I took the “Scenic Route” to Pediatric Dentistry! My life’s adventure has taken me from coast to coast, to the mountains of Colorado, the islands of the Pacific Northwest and to the skyscrapers of New York City! After graduating from Drake University with a degree in Business Administration, I wasn’t certain which “Business Administration” I wanted to pursue so I moved to Aspen and became a ski-bum for a year. I heard about a new, prestigious, hotel that was opening in Bellingham, Washington and I applied for, and accepted, the position as the Food and Beverage Director. I lived on a sailboat and fell in love with my wife, Molly. Together, we moved to Manhattan where I studied at Columbia University and she taught kindergarten.
Next, we moved to Buffalo, New York where I attended dental school at the State University of New York at Buffalo and I graduated with honors. Pediatric Dentistry seemed like the best fit for my personality and I attended the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC’s specialty residency program; this is where I truly learned about children’s dental needs, special needs patients, growth and development, orthodontics, oral surgery, oral conscious and IV sedation, hospital dentistry and trauma. Kids are NOT small adults! After completion of my residency program, Molly and I decided to come home to Wausau so that we could be near family to raise our family.
As a partner at First Impressions, I can honestly say that I could not be happier! I have since achieved membership in the College of Diplomats of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. My philosophy in treating children’s dental needs boils down to, “what would I do if this were my child?” And, “how would I expect my child to be treated?” Of course, treatment decisions are made by both parents and the provider.
I maintain active membership in the following professional organizations:
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Wisconsin Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Central Wisconsin Dental Society
- Marathon County Dental Society
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Flying Dentists Association
I’m excited to be a part of such a dynamic practice and to live in a wonderful community where I can raise my family! Life is good!
- I went to First Impressions for my orthodontics and they do a great job! Their staff truly value their customers from day one of getting braces to five years down the road when your retainer needs a tweak. Overall best dental experience thus far!~Google Review
- Great experience for both of my girls! They loved the waiting area (especially the slide). The staff was excellent and helpful.~Google Review
- We have three daughters that are 18, 16 and 7 years old and all of them love going to the dentist! First Impressions has been a wonderful place to take our children for all dental needs. Very friendly staff and inviting environment!~Google Review
Can’t Say Enough!
- They are always prompt, on time, gentle with my children, and great with my kids. My kids look forward to going to the dentist.~Google Review
Kids love it!
- Both of my children finally LOVE going to the Dentist! They get down to the children's level and make the parents feel reassured. It's a Win-Win!! Couldn't ask for anything better 🙂 ~Google Review
Kids want to go!
- Great for kids. Makes going to the dentist fun and fearless.~Google Review
- Today was my 3 year old daughter's first dentist appointment, the staff was incredibly welcoming and kind. My daughter felt comfortable enough to go in the room by herself ! Incredible customer service and very informative for parents to have one on one with the doctor and assistant 🙂 ~Google Review
Good, Safe Place
- We absolutely LOVE First Impressions! My daughter was terrified of the dentist for years. After switching to First Impressions there was a complete change in demeanor regarding the dentist! Today she was actually excited to go there for her dental appointment! Unbelievable!!~Google Review
- I appreciate their friendliness and tenderness. My son will never have to fear going to the dentist with the caring staff and doctors here! The playful waiting area is just a bonus!~Google Review
- Everyone is very friendly and thorough in taking care of my child's dental needs! I know he is in great hands!~Google Review