Thank you for choosing First Impressions; I’m Dr. Tom Turner. Having two children of my own, I know and understand the importance of having a positive,
child-focused “first impression” dental experience. Too many of us grew up dreading dental visits. I wanted something completely different for my children, and the children I treat every day. I wanted my patients to be cared for in a state of the art, specialized, child-centered atmosphere. I also wanted my patients to look forward to their dental visits and to grow up taking an active role in establishing healthy habits that will promote a lifetime of healthy, happy smiles.
I received my Bachelors Degree in Math and my Doctor of Dental Degree, with honors, from Creighton University. I completed an externship at the National Institute of Health in Washington D.C. and went on to complete my specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. I was happy to return to my home state of Wisconsin and have been in private practice with First Impressions since 1998.
I am an active and current member in the following professional organizations:
- Marathon County Dental Society
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Orthodontic Society
- Wisconsin Society of Pediatric Dentistry (President 2010-2012)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- American Dental Association
I’ve had extensive experience and training in the treatment of children with special health care needs, emergency dental trauma, treatment of children in the operating room under general anesthesia when needed, dental sedation, as well as the care and education of healthy children in routine office visits. I am dedicated to maintaining the highest levels of accreditation and stay up to date in the field by frequently attending courses and lectures on topics regarding orthodontics, cleft palate patient management, syndromes, sedation, and numerous other pediatric issues. I’ve presented locally as well as internationally and was recognized by the Consumer Research Council of America as “America’s Top Dentist” in 2007. I’m a passionate advocate for children and their oral health experiences.
Outside the office, my wife Carolyn and I enjoy traveling, being outdoors, cooking, and spending time with our two daughters, Elizabeth and Sarah.
- I went to First Impressions for my orthodontics and they do a great job! Their staff truly value their customers from day one of getting braces to five years down the road when your retainer needs a tweak. Overall best dental experience thus far!~Google Review
- Great experience for both of my girls! They loved the waiting area (especially the slide). The staff was excellent and helpful.~Google Review
- We have three daughters that are 18, 16 and 7 years old and all of them love going to the dentist! First Impressions has been a wonderful place to take our children for all dental needs. Very friendly staff and inviting environment!~Google Review
Can’t Say Enough!
- They are always prompt, on time, gentle with my children, and great with my kids. My kids look forward to going to the dentist.~Google Review
Kids love it!
- Both of my children finally LOVE going to the Dentist! They get down to the children's level and make the parents feel reassured. It's a Win-Win!! Couldn't ask for anything better 🙂 ~Google Review
Kids want to go!
- Great for kids. Makes going to the dentist fun and fearless.~Google Review
- Today was my 3 year old daughter's first dentist appointment, the staff was incredibly welcoming and kind. My daughter felt comfortable enough to go in the room by herself ! Incredible customer service and very informative for parents to have one on one with the doctor and assistant 🙂 ~Google Review
Good, Safe Place
- We absolutely LOVE First Impressions! My daughter was terrified of the dentist for years. After switching to First Impressions there was a complete change in demeanor regarding the dentist! Today she was actually excited to go there for her dental appointment! Unbelievable!!~Google Review
- I appreciate their friendliness and tenderness. My son will never have to fear going to the dentist with the caring staff and doctors here! The playful waiting area is just a bonus!~Google Review
- Everyone is very friendly and thorough in taking care of my child's dental needs! I know he is in great hands!~Google Review