First Impressions Mission
Our mission at First Impressions is to provide specialized, comprehensive oral health care for infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special needs, delivered in a state of the art, child-friendly environment. We want to ensure that children of all ages enjoy a lifetime of healthy habits along with a healthy smile.
Why First Impressions Pediatric Dentistry?
Children inspire us and we take that inspiration and translate it into our approach, our surroundings and our work.
It begins the moment you step through our doors. We intentionally designed our offices to incorporate elements that children relate to and understand. Things like bright colors, fun textures, a play yard, video games, cartoons, books and friendly faces help ease your child’s fears and apprehensions.
Your First Visit
Along with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, we recommend that a child go to the dentist by age 1 or within six months after the first tooth erupts.
In most cases the initial appointment will be for examination only. Depending on the age of your child, a cleaning, fluoride treatment and x-rays may also be done.
If dental treatment is necessary, a treatment plan will be discussed with you. No restorative work will be done at the first appointment.
Advanced Prevention Screening and Tests for the Best Care Program Include:
- Dentist and hygienist early evaluation of your child
- A detailed assessment of your child’s specific risk for cavities
- A consult to help prevent or reverse those factors
- Determination of risk for future illness and creating a plan for prevention
- A personalized folder with information to take home on the factors discussed
- A courtesy follow-up phone call to answer any questions on topics covered
- A copy of any X-rays taken
Can’t afford braces? Think again.
We believe your child deserves a million dollar smile and you won’t have…
Prevention is #1
When it comes to the Best Care for a child’s teeth, it’s easier and less…
Assess Your Child
Use our online Cavity Predictor to assess your child’s risk of tooth decay. While this…